Monday, March 11, 2013

Story time

Little A was refusing to nap but, having been awake and on the go for the past 5 hours, he was getting pretty grouchy so I sat myself down on the sofa, put him on my knee and chose a boardbook to read together.  It was 'That's not my puppy' from the 'That's not my...' series (I highly recommend these touchy feely books, they're so cute!).  Miraculously, as soon as I started reading, Little A's grumpy wee face lit up and he reached out eagerly to stroke the puppy's fur on the front cover.  We were halfway through when I realised that I couldn't turn the next page.   The cardboard pages seemed to be firmly stuck together.  Being very careful not to damage the book I slowly managed to peel the pages apart and opened the book at one of Little A's favourite puppies :  the puppy whose 'ears are too shaggy' .  But lo and behold one of that puppy's poor shaggy ears was covered in...what...is it really?  I gave it a good sniff.  Yes.  Yes, it was. 



Baby vomit.

What a glamerous life I lead.



*photo was when he was 4 months old.

4 comments:

maryanne @ mama smiles said...

Such a cute pictures!

I find baby vomit everywhere.

Princesse Ecossaise said...

Hehe I do too. Now that he's mobile it's even harder to find...stepped in some the other day! Thanks for stopping by!

Kelly at Little Wonders' Days said...

What a cutie pie. My kids loved that book series too. I was just lamenting the loss of my cosmopolitan life to my husband the other day. I wouldn't trade it for what I have now, but I do miss some of the glamor! Thanks for visiting my blog.

Princesse Ecossaise said...

Oh yes Kelly I know exactly what you mean! The glamour has definitely gone from my life (for now!) but still, I woudn't trade it for anything!