Monday, June 25, 2012

First Day

Aedan is 19 days old today and it's our very first full day alone as mummy and baby.  FP went back to work after his paternity leave this morning & left us both - my baby and I - staring at one another in bewilderment.  My thoughts were something like "how am I going to cope all alone for a whole day?!" and Aedan's were probably along the lines of "but only daddy knows how to burp me properly!"  Once that door clicked shut at 9am this morning I looked down at Aedan and Aedan looked up at me.  And then he cried.  I'll admit that I did too, a little bit.

But it's almost 5 o'clock and FP should be leaving work in about half an hour.  We've almost made it!  And you know what?  We haven't done too badly, for a first attempt!  Ok, so we are currently on his third full outfit change of the day and I only managed to grab myself a one hour nap (it sounds so much easier than it is when they say "sleep when the baby sleeps" - my baby is a noisy sleeper!) but I've congratulated myself on the fact that we were somehow organised enough (and I'm not sure this can be repeated again tomorrow) to get out for a walk - in the morning of all times! - and I even managed to put on a wash and eat a banana sandwich for lunch.  I can do this after all!



5 comments:

Emmy said...

I guess the first day together is going to be one you'll remember for a long while!

congrats on the banana sarnie! Brownie points if you managed to dress yourslef too! (but no biggie if you didn't!) bisous

Emmy said...

I guess the first day together is going to be one you'll remember for a long while!

congrats on the banana sarnie! Brownie points if you managed to dress yourslef too! (but no biggie if you didn't!) bisous

Princesse Ecossaise said...

I did manage to get dressed, I still can't quite believe it! Not sure it will happen tomorrow though...! x

Lesley said...

...and you managed a blog post too!

He's a handsome lad. Congratulations!

Sally said...

Well done for making it through your first day alone with Aedan ... it can only get easier! xx