Monday, March 19, 2012

Back (for good?)

It's been over a year since I last updated La Belle Saison. I feel so sad that I stopped writing! Over the past year there were times when I thought I would come back and update ye trusty old blog but I never did because a) I've no doubt lost any readers I was lucky enough to have in the first place and b) I've left it too long now and there'll just be a massive gap in the archives where something crazy and amazing could have happened but because I wasn't writing about it at the time no one will care.

But here I am again! Pulled towards this writing platform for the thousandth time like a chubby person (me) drawn back to a weight watchers class after having disapeared a year before, presenting my excuses for my absence once again. And as usual, I can't promise I'll be sticking around, but I do want to. I do!

So how can I sum up my life over the past year in a few, hopefully not too boring, lines? Let's see...

I could try it by listing each month which has passed us by. For example...

March 2011 : As far as I can remember, nothing happened.

April 2011 : I turned 25.

May 2011 : Again, nothing special happened as far as I'm aware.

I could try it as though it were minutes of a meeting. For example...

People Present : Me

Absences : Blog & blog readers

Proceedings : Meeting called to order at 12am on Tuesday March 1st 2011 (the day after my last blog post)
Slept for a few hours.
Woke up at 7.
Pressed snooze on the alarm clock.
Went back to sleep.
Had a freaky dream about me being stuck in a lift with 5 laughing clowns.

Any Other Business : Not really.

I could try going down the route of meaningful lessons I learned. For example...

*Thinks for a while* Uhmm... *Scratches head* Eh...Ok no deep and meaningful life lessons are coming to me right now. Moving on...

Ok so what the hell has happened in my life over the past year? Sometimes, even in writing, you just can't find the right words. Sometimes a picture is all you need to express the billions of feelings you have inside.



Result!

14 comments:

~Anthony said...

I'm not, by any reason, responsible for that!
hmm...
Wait. I might have help a bit for the "result" but not for the absence!!!

Princesse Ecossaise said...

Haha! It took two to tango mister!

Emmy said...

yay! princesse you're back! (i'm not much better, havent blogged since august!) will be following your tadpole adventures!! How exciting! bisous

Princesse Ecossaise said...

Woooo hi Emmy, I am so happy you're still around! I'm coming straight over to your blog to catch up!! xx

A French Education said...

Looks like a boy to me!!

Princesse Ecossaise said...

Hehe! Bingo!!

Micah D.L. said...

She's baaaaa-aaaaaack!!!! Hooray for Linsey!!!!

Princesse Ecossaise said...

Yayyy!It's good to be back, hooray for blogging and brilliant blog friends!x

Lesley said...

That's excellent news! Hope it's all going swimmingly for the wee man and you!

Sally said...

Gosh, congratulations! When is the wee one due? Nice to see you back x

Princesse Ecossaise said...

Lesley & Sally, great to see you both again!! All has been going very well thanks, the wee man's due in the first week of June so I'm now off on maternity leave and finally have time to relax and enjoy everything I never had to time to do before! That includes blogging, I'll be back with a blog post soon :-) xx

joy said...

I used to read your blog back in the day, and just happened to stop by again today after thinking, Whatever happened to.... and I see this wonderful news! Congratulations. How lovely!

joy said...

I used to read your blog years ago, and I came by again today after asking myself, Whatever happened to... How lovely to see this wonderful news! Congratulations!

Princesse Ecossaise said...

Thank you Joy and thank you for coming back and checking in again! :-)