Friday, February 25, 2011

Is There Anybody Out There?

Erm...this is awkward but...

Is there anybody out there?

Probably not. It's been so long since I've written. So long in fact that I forgot to pay to renew my domain name and now find that some eejit has bought it and turned it into a massive advert for phentermine! I mean, I ask you...Of all the things! Phentermine! I don't even know what phentermine is but I do know that I now hate it because it has replaced my lovely blog.

Of course it's my fault really. I just stopped writing. And I do vaguely recall reading an email mentioning the little fact that I needed to pay for my domain name for the coming year. I was either so a) busy b) distracted c) lazy at the time that I seem to remember thinking 'I'll deal with that another day' and then never getting around to it.

And then one day I got a message from a friend asking what had happened to my blog. Had I decided to set up an illegal online fake pharmacy on my webpage? Had I accepted a fee from advertisers? Noooo! I cried when I clicked on my old blog address and realised everything I had written over the past 3 years had disapeared, only to be replaced by the worst, scammiest advertising ever!

I'll tell you something though. If you think I was upset, you can't even imagine how upset my #1 fan was (ie mum). She was really gutted. She even got a little bit angry with me. "What will your fans think?" She said, her head in her hands. "You've abandonned them all! And what are they supposed to read when they are bored and need a laugh?!" Of course, when my mum says 'fans' she doesn't really realise she is only talking about herself. She thinks there are scores of you out there! She's quite good for the old ego, is my mum.

Anyway I don't even know if my previous posts are still out there for people to read. I don't know if anyone will be able to read this. Where will it go? Will it revert back to the old blogger address? I must find out. This is why I have a husband who is brilliant at computery stuff! (There are other, less superficial, reasons too though!)

I'm going to fire this post out there. Out into the black hole of no man's blog. If you see it, please let me know. If not then I might have to go and set up a brand new blog. Somewhere else. Where the people who sell and re-sell the domain names don't sell out to scam artists without sending 15 warning emails first!

I have my fans to think about (don't I mum?).

13 comments:

Keith Eckstein -A Taste of Garlic said...

I'm here and I can see your blog!

Been waiting patiently for a post!

You might just win next week's Award for Having a Blog Kidnapped over at Garlic?

All the best

Keith

anne said...

I can see you!!

Princesse Ecossaise said...

Oh YAY! Comments! I forgot how wonderful it felt to have comments!

And yes Keith! That's exactly it, my blog was kidnapped! I'll keep an eye out for the awards ;o)

Todd Newton said...

Ha, well, your RSS feed was still active (so far as my Google Reader was concerned) and it looks like your categories/labels still exist, so all your old posts should still be there too. Blogger still hosted all the data; the custom domain name is really all about convenience & branding. Turned out fine.

Anyway, yes, you do have 'fans.' You have a WORLDWIDE FOLLOWING :)

Glad to see you writing again.

Princesse Ecossaise said...

TODDDDDD!!! I've missed you and your comments! Aww and you saying I've got fans as well, you're as good for the old ego as my mum!

I'm back writing and I'm so happy, I seem to have found a whole new enthusiasm for it. All those months of writer's block and now I want to write all day long! Strange...Hope I don't go AWOL again!

Loth said...

Here and waiting. Thank goodness you've posted - I've been dying to go to the loo for months now!

Todd Newton said...

Get yourself a writing schedule so that you have a framework to stick to... that way you'll feel less bad about taking time to do it, plus you'll have (literally) made time for it. I know you've got some great work in you, it just needs the time to get written!!

Rebecca said...

Ah! Ah! Not only do you still have fans, but you still have lurkers, too!

Princesse Ecossaise said...

@Loth heehee quick! Go and relieve yourself! ;)

@Todd good idea for the writing schedule. I think it might be difficult because of the nature of my work though. A client can phone me up and ask for a lesson the next day for example and then I'd need to spend any time I had lesson planning instead of writing. Maybe once we have moved apartments and settled back into a routine I will try this idea out and see how it works! And P.S. thank you.

@ Rebecca yayyyyyyyy! Hello and thank you for commenting! :o)

Todd Newton said...

To be honest, writing schedules are pretty much impossible for me to keep just because of a lack of initiative and motivation... I can't imagine how much worse I'd be with constant demands on my time. But, still, I mention it because they seem to help some folks and they have helped me from time to time in the past. The thought is that writing isn't the hard part, making time is.

Just make sure to keep me posted when you complete something. Micah and I will be the first ones in line to test-drive it for you. :)

Princesse Ecossaise said...

Oh don't worry, if I ever get around to completing something you'll be the first two to see it!! I can't see it happening for a long time unfortunately...unless I don't have a lot of work this summer (which may be the case), then I might be able to sit down and give it the time it deserves. Ooh, interesting thought, something to look forward to!

Sally said...

Hi there! Nice to see you blogging again! I did wonder what had happened!

A French Education said...

Well, you certainly know how to get everybody stirred up! Bravo!!