Friday, October 01, 2010

Rain


It's raining right now. Pouring, actually. I'm sitting at my desk, which is right in front of a big bay window and I'm watching the droplets of rain-water hit the glass before racing each other down the window pane.

I love rain. I love being inside in a warm, cosy house, dry and safe from the wet and the cold. I adore listening to the rain hitting the window, the cars driving down below on wet roads, splashing pedestrians. It reminds me of home, of being in the big, safe house where I grew up. It's comforting to me. It makes me feel as though I'm in Scotland. Most people like the sun and warm weather. I can't deny that I do enjoy a lovely, sunny day, but the more I live in France, where the sun shines a lot more often than it ever has in Scotland (as if you didn't know!), the more I love it when it rains.


5 comments:

T.D. Newton said...

I feel the exact same way. Some of my best childhood memories in California were laying in bed with my window open while it rained. The smell is usually the best part for me, though. Not just the smell of rain, but the smell of things right after it stops raining. Good stuff.

Loth said...

Well, you would be feeling very at home here just now - it's CHUCKING IT DOWN! The whole Scotland map on the weather forecast is covered in big green blobs. Eurgh.

Sally said...

Same here! And it was pouring down in London today :-)

Lesley said...

Ditto.

tartangirl said...

Hi there. Just discovered your blog but it's getting late so I'll come back tomorrow and have a closer look. Bye for now. Tartangirl.