Friday, October 23, 2009

Broody Much?




He always looks so surprised!


When I finally got to Scotland, one of the first things I wanted to do was to meet Indigo's five and a half month old baby boy. Indigo, my best friend from university, gave birth at the end of April and I just missed meeting the wee one by a month and a half (the last time I'd been home was early March) and so after all those months of insisting Indigo send me photo after photo, I finally got to meet him for the first time. And I fell head over heels in love.

So cute!


It's funny to think that one of my friends has actually got one of these things. Seeing Indigo with her son and watching how she glowed with pride and love for him was one of those moments where the fact that you're not a child anymore just hits you. Bam! Just like that. Almost as though you've been walking through the transition between childhood and adulthood with your eyes shut and one day open them to find that you're not 12 anymore, you're all grown up.

A thumb in the mouth and the tears are soon gone



I played with him, I tickled him, I made stupid faces at him and spoke to him in that high-pitched coochy-coochy-coo voice reserved only for babies ears. (As a side-note, isn't it funny that when there's a baby around, people get away with doing the silliest faces and voices and blowing raspberries and making fart sounds and such? You would never get away with doing those sorts of things to an adult, would you? I love it!) I couldn't get enough of his cuteness, even when he started making funny noises and put on an "I'm doing a poo right now" face, I still loved him. The little scamp!



"Who are you?"

Even though at times he just kind of looked at me as though he was thinking "who the hell are you and what am I doing sitting on your lap?!"

Babies. You gotta love them.

10 comments:

T.D. Newton said...

Adorable!!

The Divine Miss M said...

So cute!

I'm glad you feel like an adult, I'm soon to be 27 and still think of grownups as separate people!

Micah D.L. said...

Aww he's precious!
You just wait until someone says to you, "It looks to NAAAATURAL!"
hahahahaha!

Pepette said...

Oh so cute!!! Babies suit you :)

By the way, I have 2 of those at home and still feel broody when I see other people's babies!

Kristan said...

Too cute!

Here via Todd Newton, fyi, who told me I would like you/your blog, and I think he might be right. :)

Vari said...

I think this is the point in your life when you realise you are not the ten year old making her barbie marry her brothers action man (as ken was waaaaay uncool) its actually your turn. like big girl stuff..like babies n stuff.....ARGH! just close your eyes and pretend you cant see.....we can all call you barbie ;)

Esa said...

So cute. Tell your friend Indigo to enjoy every second, because she will blink her eyes and he will be driving away in a car (like my daughter did this week!). Seriously, they grow up so fast.

Now you and your man need to get a puppy. That's the first step to experiencing what it's like having someone depend on you for everything...

P said...

He is just precious! What cute pictures. :)

theeggyolks said...

wow! he's cute!

By the way, I was blog-walking and found your blog! nice blog! ^^

Princesse Ecossaise said...

Hi everyone, thanks for all the comments, you know I thrive on them! Sorry for not replying sooner. To the newcomers (Hi Kristan and theeggyolks!) welcome and thanks for stopping by!