Thursday, February 12, 2009

How to make me smile

FP knows me very well - even too well, sometimes - and it hasn't gone by him that I've been feeling a bit down recently. But the thing I love about my fiancé (I think that's the first time I've ever used that term to refer to FP! It's so weird!) is that when I'm upset and he doesn't know how to bring me out of my slump, he will try anything to get a smile on my face.

And so when I walked into the kitchen last night to clean up after dinner and saw that not only had he done all the washing up, but had left this simple, but sweet message on the steamed up window, he had indeed succeeded in putting a smile on my face.




I love that man. Even if his drawing of a heart does leave something to be desired.

6 comments:

T.D. Newton said...

LOL

Love is in the air.

doow said...

He has many years and many steamed up windows yet with you to practise his hearts ;-)

Elegant Bee said...

awww, how romantic (:

Lis of the North said...

That's true love :)

tigressepourpre said...

This is SO sweet!

Dear Princesse Ecossaise, I came across your blog last through Jennies blog (Jennie en France, ielanguages.com) on which I had "stumbled upon"... and have been reading ever since. Being a nice Swiss girl en couple with a French/Swiss engineer, I feel with you whenever it comes to cultural differences! All my best for your job hunt!

Princesse Ecossaise said...

Thanks tigressepourpre! And welcome!