Monday, December 29, 2008

The gift of all gifts

I creaked open the bedroom door and slipped noiselessly between the covers where I snuggled up to a sleeping FP. He stirred from his sleep and turned to face me, placing his hands on my waist and pulling me closer.

"It's christmas, baby!" I wispered into his ear excitedly. "It's Christmas morning!"

FP opened one eye and smiled at me sleepily. "Happy Christmas, my angel."

We lay in bed, our bodies as close together as possible, breathing in one another's scent. It was difficult to stay at my parent's house over christmas when my dad insisted we couldn't share a bed. We missed each other like mad during the nights.

"So what's my present then?" I asked my boyfriend, as I stretched out across the matress. "A Chanel handbag?"

"Do you want it right now?" He smiled. I nodded back, knowing full well what my present was - after all, my FP can't keep a secret to save his life.

He sat up and leant across my body to the bedside cabinet where he opened the top drawer and pulled out a pearly white jewellery box. Despite having already prepared myself for this very moment, my heart skipped a beat in anticipation.

"Linsey, veux tu m'epouser?" He asked as he opened the box to reveal the most beautiful, delicate diamond engagement ring.

He brought his thumb to my cheek and wiped away an escaped, emotional tear that I hadn't even realised was there. His fingers trembled slightly as he took the ring from it's bed and slipped it onto my fourth finger and his face burst with a mixture of happiness and relief when I said yes.

32 comments:

ÅnGe|e said...

:D
Congratulations for your engagement. This is for sure the best gift u ever had, uh? :P

T.D. Newton said...

Yay! Congratulations!!

ananyah said...

congrats! I'm happy for you both :D

Micah D.L. said...

Congratulations! So happy!

pierre l said...

Oh Princess. Many, many congratulations. Such a wonderful present.

Sally said...

Yay!!!! Congratulations!!!

Kyle said...

Congratulations!!!! Very romantic.

PS Did you get the Chanel anyway? :P

Kim said...

Congratulations!!! what a wonderful xmas present. All the very best for FP and you... perhaps now you are engaged you can share a bed?

Merry xmas and happy new years from New Zealand!

Kimberly said...

Félicitations, felicidades & congrats! I love that your da is so old-fashioned in our modern times.

Ksam said...

Woo! Congratulations!! Now we absolutely MUST meet up when you get back to France!!

Belle Ecrivaine said...

Félicitations! Best Christmas gift, ever!

Andromeda said...

Félicitations!!

Peach said...

congratulations!

xxx

Princesse Ecossaise said...

Thank you everyone! I've never been congratulated by so many people before!

I don't want to embarrass anyone so I won't mention names but I'd just like to say thank you so much for the donations I received through the blog after this post. That was very, very kind and from FP and I, a big merci beaucoup :-)

And @ Kyle no Chanel handbag...Now that we are saving up money for the wedding I don't think I will own one in a long time!

Milk Jam said...

awwww that's so sweet! congrats!!!!

Lynsey said...

Oh how exciting! Congratulations! I love hearing proposal stories - how romantic! Enjoy your engagement! xxx

Lis of the North said...

Félicitations little princesse! Hurrah and hurray. You guys are cuuuute. xx

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

Wow! Congratulations!! No matter how much it's expected, it's a special surprise in that moment.

Paula said...

Aw, what a sweet story!Especially the fact that he seemed to be nervous about it!

Congrats. :)

doow said...

Congratulations to you both!

pinkie said...

CONGRATS!

Lindsay said...

Congratulations!

Esa said...

Congratulations, Princesse! May you always have much love and happiness in 2009.

Elegant Bee said...

finally. congrats darling (=

Tracy said...

Aww, congrats!
Really pleased for you :)
You're so lucky to be living in Paris. And having a Frenchman. After having lived in Versailles myself last year, I can identify with so many things you say. And I'm Scottish too,and go to uni in Edinburgh lol! I was reading the archives and your very first post made me laugh, J'en ai marre, that's exactly like me at the moment. I've had enough of my dissertation as well . Hoping to come back to Paris in the summer to live, and like you, it's the thought of that which keeps me going.

So, are you gonna get married in France or en Ecosse?

Anyway, congratulations again!

All best for 2009

Tracy

miss button said...

Yay! Congratulations :)

I think there's something in the air, because EVERYONE I know is getting engaged! It's so exciting!

Leah said...

Wow, wow, WOW! I'm way behind on my fave blogs, so I'm just reading this now and have to wish you a very biiiiig felicitations. It all sounds so wonderful!

Stavroulix said...

Very sweet!!! congratulations from a Greek follower of your blog.

Ghosty said...

Still the most romantic post I've read for the New Year. Congrats you two!

Jenni said...

Oh my God congrats!!!!

sugar007 said...

I am so late to this party as just managed to get round to reading some missed blogs. OH-MY-GAWD!!! Congratulations to both of you :-)

Princesse Ecossaise said...

Hehe thanks Sugar, and thanks to everyone else too!