Monday, October 06, 2008

Interview

Quickly interrupting normal blogging to say was asked to do interview on brill website expatinterviews.com which does what it says on tin, really. Expat interviews. Not just in France, everywhere (even some countries haven't heard of which is something probably shouldn't admit.) and very useful to those of you fairly new expats or those who are thinking of becoming one.

If you want to read my interview you can find it here. (Please do, spent long time on it! Wouldn't mind bit of feedback or discussion!)

Recently been asked to be involved in lots of exciting projects and have one really exciting one coming up which am really excited about. Did I mention am excited? It's secret for now but will spill beans next week.

Don't know why have decided to write this post in SMS style, missing out 'the's and 'I's but can assure you won't make habit of it. It's just it's late (9:10 pm) and have to get to bed to read very important and thrilling book (Elizabeth Noble's 'What I Want My Daughters to Know').

Okay, that is all.

But please do go read my interview!

7 comments:

T.D. Newton said...

Bleh, the website makes you register to leave comments. What kind of crap is that??

I just wanted to say that most of us who've been reading your blog religiously for the past year-ish could probably have done that interview FOR you. Okay, probably not, but who knows.

Leah said...

Congrats on your interview, off to read it now.

Oh and I would have yelled out stop and/or went to the front of the bus, but I don't think immediately...I think before I act in emergencies usually.

Princesse Ecossaise said...

moany mcmoany aka TD (just kidding) that's called good website marketing (or something similar)! That does explain why I haven't received a single comment over on the website though...

Also you are supposed to say 'wow! Your interview responses were great, I learned so much just from reading it, you are wonderful!'

Leah Thanks chick! You should do one of the interviews too, spread the wisdom!

T.D. Newton said...

The problem with registering on a website like that is people who are savvy like me realize that we will never visit it again - it will be just a way for people to spam me. Working at an email marketing company has definitely opened my eyes to this sort of list-generator tactic!

Regardless, you were supposed to LAUGH at what I said, not fish for compliments haha.

It was a good interview and you definitely sounded like "yourself." Do you feel famous now? I've always wanted to do an interview.

Princesse Ecossaise said...

In all this time we have known each other dear Todd, I never knew you worked for an email marketing company. God, you think you know someone...

Hahaha I guilted you into going and joining up and leaving a comment, didn't I? Mwuhahaha I should get a job as a promotion girl!

Sadly, I don't feel famous. Probably because the questions are the same for everyone who takes part. I long for the day when I will be the star of an interview and the questions will be tailored to ME ME ME!

pierre l said...

The questions may be the same for everyone, but your answers were great. Your comments about French administration reminded me of having to spend most of the day at the "Prefecture de Police" to get my Carte the Sejour renewed (early seventies).

Princesse Ecossaise said...

Pierre ah now that is the kind of thing I wanted to hear! Thanks, I'm glad you found it enjoyable to read, and extra glad that it brought back some memories of living in France! Ah yes, the French admin hasn't changed atall, has it? It's still bloody complicated!