Monday, August 25, 2008

This week

...is going to be a good week, I can feel it in my bones.

Firstly, someone who I love has some very, very VERY big and WONDERFUL news (that I cannot share yet as it is not my news to share) and I am so happy for her. Or him! It could be a him. I am so happy for her/him, is what I meant to say.

(Update: She says her news is my news so I'm going to announce it...my bestest amie in the whole wide world just got engaged!!! I'm pretty gutted that I can't be there at the moment to celebrate with her but I think she knows how happy I am for her and her lovely boyfriend - erm I mean fiancé! - Venzo. They make such a lovely couple, have been together since they were about 16 and both really deserve to be very happy together. Roll on the wedding!!!)

Secondly, at the end of the week FP and I will celebrate our second year together. Two years may not sound a lot to most of you, but to me it's huge. This is the longest relationship I have ever found myself in, most of my relationships before would last at most six months long. I could never hold into a man for much longer than that. Either I was dumped and left in the lurch, or I got bored and found some cowardly excuse to dump whoever the poor eejit was at the time. But FP doesn't bore me. There is still that same attraction now that was there in the beginning, I still feel the overwhelming, suffocating, beautiful, undeniable love, but now it's even stronger. We have our ups and our downs, our arguments and our miserable moments, but somehow we get through this, we move on; not apart, but together. I take this as sign that we are maybe meant for one another.

And thirdly this week sees FP hit the grand old age of twenty five. Twenty five! It's a nice age. Not old, not too young, just a nice age. It's a good number, twenty five, and so we decided to throw a party in our new apartment to celebrate his nice new age. I have gone all gay-man-party-planner and spent the majority of my time at work today creating a 'menu' and even wrote a 'Guest List' for the ten(ish) chosen few who have RSVP'd. I'm beginning to scare even myself...


But nothing has changed there.

Hooray for the last week of August!!

P.S The whole point of this post was really just to ask if anyone out there has any good recipes for buffet / finger food? All suggestions appreciated!

5 comments:

Zannie said...

Lol, my news is your news my lovely! And since my blog appears to have fallen by the wayside then there's not much point in writing anything there! Love and Hugs x x x

Loth said...

Congratulations on the forthcoming anniversary - the only guy I managed to stick with beyond 6 WEEKS is the one I am still married to 21 years later. Enjoy your party but I doubt sausages on sticks are really going to cut it this time, are they?

Leah said...

Glad to hear things are looking up!

My personal party faves are homemade guacamole and/or salsa with tortilla chips, homemade tzatziki with a nice bread, little bruschettas with tomatoes and mozzarella(very easy to make) and the other stuff I would just buy like cherry tomatoes, surimi, etc. Lemme know if you want any of my recipes for guac, tzatziki or bruschetta. Bon courage!

Princesse Ecossaise said...

Leah you have inspired me! Bruschetta - good idea!!! Do you think I could borrow a recipe from you for guacamole? I love love Loooove that stuff! But what is tzatziki? I looked it up and I now know it's Greek but I'm not sure what it is exactly... *feeling culinaryish un-wise*

sugar007 said...

How about, houmous with pitta bread/carrots. Really easy to make. You can make it a little bit special by adding some chopped black olives. Another thing you can do, is just shed loads of honey mustard chicken wings. Just put some wings in the oven seasoned with salt and pepper. About 10mins before they are ready just drizzle a mixture of honey and mustard over them and voila. This is really cheap way to feed people. Hope this helps