Friday, March 14, 2008

Mystery Solved


I'd just like to say to all you readers who were losing sleep over this terribly mysterious appearance of one Patrick Bruel CD (and I know I wasn't the only one), that the mystery has now been solved.

After a grueling 3 minutes of interrogation, complete with a light shone in the face and bad cop / good cop (I had to play both cops as no one else was around at the time and / or willing to play with me) my mother has cracked and admitted that the CD in question was indeed hers.

"How did it get in my room?" I asked her, circling her chair like a shark homing in on its prey.


"I put it there," she sighed. "I thought it was rubbish."


"Aha!" I said, "so you were trying to fob it off on me?"

She shrugged. "I thought you might like it."

I returned to my chair opposite her and shook my head slowly. It had taken us a while but she had admitted it in the end. She would be let off lightly for that. I smirked. Sometimes my talents even surprised myself. I leaned back, stretched and thought, just call me Sherlock.

Case closed.

8 comments:

Ghosty said...

Your mother thought you might like it, because she obviously hated it. You have to admit, that's not bad as parental logic goes. :)

Loth said...

Lucky you! No-one ever leaves CDs around for me. Sweet wrappers, crumbs, dirty plates, lego, yes. CDs not so much.

Andrea said...

That is so funny! It's even funnier that you had to interigate someone for LEAVING you a CD, rather than TAKING a CD :)

PS thanks for checking out my blog!

T.D. Newton said...

Have you ever seen the American show called Dragnet? It's pretty old school; it's where the phrase "just the facts, ma'am" comes from. It's actually a very interesting character study.

Anyway, that's what this reminded me of (rather than Sherlock Holmes). Of course, you'd probably know that better than I would. Being geographically closer to his origins, and all.

Micah D. Newton said...

americans are apparently very lame when it comes to slang.

yours is far more interesting.

i should move to europe.

Princesse Ecossaise said...

Ghosty as parental logic I suppose it could have been worse!

But Loth isn't that the joy of motherhood? :-D

Andrea thanks for popping by! I wouldn't normally interrogate anyone for giving me a present but you know, the unannounced arrival of this CD perturbed me!

TD I'm afraid not, I have never even heard of Dragnet but I wish I had before I wrote this post. I think 'just the facts ma'am' would have been a rather good closing line.

Micah As far as American slang goes, I rather liked your 'nutbar' used in your comment on the previous post. I've added it to my list of insults to use! (not that I insult people that often, I'm a nice girl, honest!)

prettythingsuk said...

what makes me laugh is that at first your mum wouldn't admit it. Oh the shame...LOL =)

ColbyPants said...

What a great sleuth!


I would hire you any day!