Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Romantique

Monday Night; Paris

FP and I lay in bed together for the first time in seven weeks. Entangled limbs, bed head hair, breathless and hot, we slowly drink each other in. His fingers stroke my arm softly, his eyes rest on my own, seeing something in there that only he sees. I lay my head on his chest, listen to his heartbeat, pounding against his skin as though it wants to jump right out, ba-boom, ba-boom, ba-boom.

His scent lingers in my nostrils, a heavenly mixture of musk and sexy man and I breath deeply, filling my lungs with FP scented air. I never want this moment to end.

It's been so long, and yet here we are, together again, entwined and reunited as one and nothing has changed. He still loves me, I know because I see it in his eyes, I feel it in his touch, I hear it in his voice and I taste it in his kiss. I feel like I'm the happiest girl in the entire universe, and God knows, I'm certainly the luckiest.

I tell him so.

He smiles down at me, his eyelashes casting long shadows on his handsome face in the dim light. I open my mouth to continue with some cheesy 'I love you' lines, when his eyes lower.

I follow his gaze. He's looking at my dimpled thighs, naked, pressed against his own.

"Cellulite," I sigh, in way of explanation.

He nods; understanding. "Peau d'orange," he replies, before kissing my forehead tenderly. Orange-peel skin.

"Je t'aime, ma petite princesse."

Now who says romance is dead?

14 comments:

Zannie said...

Lol, love it :) Hope you're having a fantastic time lady. Mwah x x x

Princesse Ecossaise said...

Ahhhh oui ma cherie I am having a lovely time...except for that little orange peel skin incident it's all been fantastic!

Must dash, I'm off to do some supermarket shopping, there's no food in the flat whatsoever...men!

T.D. Newton said...

And by "men" she means "bachelors!" Hahahaha.

Sounds like you're having a great time, for sure. We'll get to Paris eventually.

Despina said...

Babes, just remember that from a man's point of view, all breasts are good and all thighs are good. Now ne t'inquietes plus and go off and something suitably lovely with FP!

Zhu said...

Oh, that's so cute and sexy ! That's where the real romance starts, in my humble opinion - when people can look at each other in the eye and accept all the little imperfections.

Don't worry about your peau d'orange, we all have some ! ;)

Eliza said...

i love it!

worsehalf looked at me the other day when i'd been sobbing into a pillow for an hour, with puffy eyes and a snotty nose, and told me i looked beautiful... x

Princesse Ecossaise said...

Oh Eliza!!! That's so lovely...awww c'est carrement l'amour! Men can be really surprising sometimes with the sweet things they say and do, and THAT is just so NICE! Ahhh I love being in love...

TD you aint joking! I told him he could have a bachelor's pad while I'm NOT around, but it appears that this particular time he forgot to stock up! Pfffft Bachelors!!!

Despi it seems you are correct! Men, or at least the nice ones, seem to not care about a wee bit of cellulite...isn't that great?! Who would have thought it? I think it's all been a big conspiracy by women against other women. Women are the ones to make us feel imperfections are bad, so why do we blame our poor men?! Crazy world we live in n'est ce pas?

Oh Zhu tu as raison, carrement! Love is acceptance of the good and the bad, the imperfections and the upsets. And in fact, sometimes it makes someone even more beautiful when they have a few imperfections...after all, if we were all perfect it'd be boring!

T.D. Newton said...

Bachelor pads are not ALL that bad hahaha

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

nathalie said...

this makes me happy to be learning french in college :)

T.D. Newton said...

Okay I have some pictures and videos up! I posted over 100 pictures on my MySpace and all of the videos can be found here:

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=gdtarrant

Despina said...

Can I nosey at your videos TD?
Princesse, you're right about the conspiracy! And also, why are men's thighs just so lovely though? Why don't they get peau d'orange? Why are they just so wonderful to behold?
I'm going to have to go downstairs and make the Jezmister take off his trousers now!

T.D. Newton said...

Of course you may, Despina! They are public videos :) Enjoy!!

Teuchter said...

Oooh! I do love men's thighs. they're just so, erm, muscley.

You're so absolutely right about the conspiracy thing, mes amies.

Men don't care about cellulite etc. They're just grateful that we're in their bed with our kit off.

Sensible chaps, men.

Princesse Ecossaise said...

mmmm I LOVE men's thighs too...Oh so delish! Strange how their thighs don't really seem to take fat though isn't it?

TD thanks so much for the links to the vids!! I'm off to check them out now, sorry it took me so long!

And hello Nathalie, welcome! Ah yes, the wonders of the french language!