Friday, August 24, 2007

Papped

I promise a proper post is on it's way soon! Until then, however, here are some pictures of FP's visit to Scotland last week. Because it was too good a time not to share with you all...See, I'm the caring and sharing type! Amn't I nice?






A French man drinking Irn Bru ~ a rare site!
FP immersed himself in the culture completely - all he drank was Irn Bru and good Scottish whisky (see below). What a man!

And to prove this point, here he is at Glengoyne Distillery. Ah whisky...the water of life. Glengoyne is the best. I'm certainly not a fan of whisky but even I accepted the free samples and enjoyed them. Strangely enough, the more samples we had the better they tasted.





At the Falkirk Wheel. I look an eejit don't I? Ah go on, your just being polite. I do look like an eejit. Why do I still believe that leggings are a good look? Where have I been?!




This photo shows the Wheel from a crap view but it still looks pretty cool. Click on the picture for a bigger version and check out those horses! Neigh!


FP, who has a degree in engineering, found the Falkirk Wheel really mad interesting. He and my dad spent over an hour just watching it do it's thing. I wanted to have a wee ride in the boat but ohhh no, the men just wanted to 'observe'. And I was afraid those two wouldn't get on with each other...





Us at George Square in Glasgow. (Bad nose day ~ please no pointing and laughing) That man is delicious. Mmm...


Oh, I seem to have drooled down my t-shirt.

And finally, one for the boys. After having found out that FP is a rather huge fanatic of nice cars (you'd think I'd have found this out long ago, but I only realised last week), I took my beloved to the Transport Museum in the West End of Glasgow, where we spent a good few hours peering at old cars and trains and such. Actually that's a lie. He spent a good few hours peering at old cars and trains and such while I gave the evil eye to revolting wee eejit kids who were running around in buses from the last century. (Or perhaps a little more recent than that. But old all the same. Very old. And smelly. Or maybe that was just the kids.)

15 comments:

Princesse Ecossaise said...

Is it just me or are the photos not actually opening up when clicked on?

Blogger is really doing my nut in these days.

ColbyPants said...

Nope, no clickies.


also, everyone knows the best whiskey in the world is Wild Turkey(from Lawrenceburg, KY, USA)!

Zhu said...

You're sharing, you're sharing...

Don't be so quick my friend, these are just pics. Where is the real guy ???

Ok, sorry... you know I'm married anyway ! :$

Ghosty said...

Yeah, I'm not getting clickies either. I haven't had this problem over on my site ...

What the devil IS that wheel thing!? It's ginormous! And scary! *runs away*

And you have a great nose. FP will vouch for me on this. No more nose apologies!

And ... I SO want that car. Seriously.

Princesse Ecossaise said...

No, no NO! Glengoyne is the best whisky. Perhaps Wild Turkey is the best 'whiskEy' but Glengoyne is certainly the best 'whisky'. So there! :-p

(Perhaps we should agree to disagree?)

Zhu bloody hell I had no idea you were married!!!!!!!! How did I not kow this?! Good grief!

Ghosty man, the falkirk wheel is an engineering first. It's a cool rotating boat lift to get boats from one canal on a low level to another which is about 25 metres higher. Pretty cool, if you're into all that stuff.

Thanks for the compliment of my nose! And the car? Well, tough! Because I wanted it first! Even though I can't drive.

T.D. Newton said...

"Doing my nut"???
(reading your blog is worth it just for the crazy slang education)

Great pictures, btw. Looks like you had a good time.

Teuchter said...

You're making me feel homesick for The Weeg :(

Te bestest, best whisky is comes from Islay, aksherly.
Last time I went round Glengoyne I managed to annoy them by spurning the blended samples and demanding the single malt.

ps - FP IS gorgeous - and your leggings are fab.

Princesse Ecossaise said...

ha! TD, 'doing my nut in' is 'doing my head in' which is British slang to say it's really annying me.

Teuchter Oh no! Don't get homesick for the weeg! Just think of all the weegies rolling about sauchihall street in their drunen vomit in the evenings!

FP certainly is gorgeous! Theres no denying it! He'd be even hotter in a KILT!!! mmmmm...

ColbyPants said...

Rricesse I was always curious, where do you derive weeg & weegies from?


TomC

Princesse Ecossaise said...

Well, it's simply that the citizens of Glasgow are called Glaswegians and from that we got Weegies. :-D

ColbyPants said...

so is it pronounced with a hard G or a soft g?

Princesse Ecossaise said...

It's a soft G...lol I tried it out with a hard G ~ funny!

Despina said...

Lovely! :) Glad you had a great time, and no, I can't see any eejits!

The Horns and the Hawk said...

just throwin' this out there, do with it what you want, but you're a beautiful li'l girl, and fp's a lucky dude. if i hear otherwise, you're grounded to your room with no dinner.

Princesse Ecossaise said...

Thanks Lis!

Horns & the hawk, your comment is much appreciated! (I happen to love my food too much so Im not about to argue in fear of getting sent to my room with no dinner!) Thankyou!