Thursday, August 23, 2007

Hallelujah

Please mes amis, turn up the volume and join me in rejoicing!




Hallelujah!

My dissertation is GONE! Gone man, Gone! I handed it over to a lovely little librarian with charming rimless librarian glasses and perfectly polished nails at university this morning, breathed a sigh of relief (which alerted me to the fact that I had been holding my breath for the past three days) and skipped off into the distance.

Now, I can’t say that it was easy; this D thing. If I’m honest it was the most annoying, shitty, boring, difficult thing I’ve ever done, like ever, and frankly, my dear friends, after the last two days of working on it non-stop from 8am to midnight, I’m ready to drop.

Never again do I want to discuss The Impacts of Tourism in Capital Cities for the rest of my life. I also never ever want to hear the 'D' word ever, ever again. If I do, I fear I may rip my eyeballs out and stuff them up the bum of whoever has had the sheer audacity to utter the profanity that is the 'D' word.

But it’s done and dusted, and I have my life back. Holy crap, hallelujah! I’m free!

And on Monday I am back in France to celebrate FP’s birthday, our first year anniversary and the end of the ‘D’.

Altogether now…Hallelujah!

12 comments:

doow said...

That guy in the top row seems to be especially pleased for you. The only thing that's missing is a Mexican wave.

Well done :-)

Lis of the North said...

hurrah, hooray, yippee. Pleased you finished - you're no longer a student now you can go off into the world and be a grown up. No hang on, don't be a grown up that would be dull. :)

sylvie d said...

Bravo!!!!

Ghosty said...

Congrats love! YAY! w00t! *cheers wildly*

Now the torture will commence! Dissertation! Dissertation! Dissertation! Dissertation! Dissertation! Dissertation! Dissertation! Dissertation! Dissertation! The Impacts of Tourism in Capital Cities! Dissertation! Dissertation! Dissertation! Dissertation!

pokepokepokepokepokepoke

Despina said...

Ghosty - how does it feel to have Princesse's eyeballs up your bum?

Princesse, you can feel all grown-up now! Congratulations! xxx

sugar007 said...

Congrats to you!! Now you can party hardy :-)

Zhu said...

Sorry I haven't been around in a while, things are busy here... ;)

I have just caught up on 5 posts. Five !!! Damn, I didn't know it had been that long !

Okay, okay... félicitation de rigueur ! Funny thing, tu es très motivée pour ta dissert' quand une certaine personne t'attend de l'autre côté de la Manche, hein ! :$

ColbyPants said...

Dammit Ghosty, you beat me to it.


good job Princesse!


HOOOOOOOOORAAAAAAAY!

Princesse Ecossaise said...

haha! Doow, that guys in the back row certainly is really pleased for me, he's bouncing all over the joint!

Lis the fact that I finished my shitty 'D' means that I can STOP being adult-like and run around like a wee man weegie! wooohooooo!

Merci Sylvie cherie!!

Ghosty don't toy with my emotions man. You're cruisin' for a bruisin' as my dad used to say.

Despina my lovely songbird, think yourself lucky that you somehow managed to escape the delights of the 'D'!

Sugar - My plans exactly! Monday night = party time (I shall try to stay away from the laptop while intoxicated. My drunken blog posts are rather embarrassing)

Zhu hello my dear! Five bloody posts? Good grief! You poor thing you must be utterly over-princesse ecossaise-d by now!

You know, for sure I would never have got that 'D' handed in without the knowledge that my man was waiting for me 1000 miles away ;-)

Woooo Tom! did you 'hallelujah' for me? I'm expecting a nice wee MyChingo sing-song coming from you :-p

Zhu said...

Haven't OD'ed yet. Just read a 6 post just to be sure.

Nope. Not even slightly sick of it !

Ghosty said...

Oh gee, if I didn't poke you relentlessly you'd think something was wrong. :P OK, I hereby promise not to utter the dreaded 'D" word ever again.

Now I repeat my seemingly unnoticed cheers! Congrats! YAY! w00t! *cheers wildly*

Princesse Ecossaise said...

Zhu oh no! 6 posts in one sitting?! Do be careful ~ you don't wanna have to go to rehab!

Ghosty ye madman ye! Well it's true, when a week goes by without havig been poked by you I do start to wonder. And thankyou! For the cheers - I promise you they didn't go unnoticed - I was simply overwhelmed with the hideousness that was the 'D' word