Thursday, July 05, 2007

The Winner Takes It All

I’m a winner! Firstly, remember those Moo cards I won from Fuel My Blog? They arrived this morning! They are so very cute and I love them! I’m not sure who to give them to, perhaps I should leave them lying abut in pubs and restaurants and see who comes along to the blog…that could be quite fun. Or I could send one off in a bottle across the sea and if someone finds it they are bound to be curious and go straight home to look up the web address! Aren’t they? No?

Well maybe I will stick to handing them out to friends then.

In other news, I received a blog award! Yassssssssss.

This award came from Zhu, the bonnie wee lass from correr es mi destino and is a ‘schmoozer’ award. That means I interact. Or, as zhu wrote, ‘According to Mike from Ordinary folk who designed the award, "Schmoozing as defined by Dictionary.com is the ability “to converse casually, especially in order to gain an advantage or make a social connection”’

To gain advantage?! Moi? Mais non!

From what I gather it is now my turn to present this delightful little award to five people who I think are worthy. In no particular order, those people are…

(Drumroll please…)

Despina – because even though she’s a busy wee bee working hard in Prague, she always finds time to blog, to check out other blogs and to leave comments. And she’s too funny. I mean really, she cracks me up. I’d quite like to meet her one day, I think we could have a wonderful time over a few bottles of wine and both of us trying to look like Audrey Hepburn!

Lis of the North – because she’s Scottish (Och aye!), she lives in France with her French husband, she has a gorgeous wee doggy and really we’re very alike. I pleases me to imagine that one day I could be like her! With my French life, my French husband and my French doggy (who will be christened Coco Chanel).

Ghosty – Because he’s not a secret agent, because he pokes me on Facebook relentlessly and because his opinions are always very interesting.

TD Newton – because he is an author! A real, live author! Whats more, an author of fantasy! Also because we got to know each other at the beginning of my blogging journey and he’s come back for more princesse banter time and time again. He’s also getting married soon and this is my wedding present to him. (What do you mean it’s a shit wedding present?)

Colbypants – because he’s been missing for a while, presumed drunk. Also, he is rather funny, he used to read The Babysitters Club books (it takes a real man to admit that), and he was one of the very first readers of my blog who turned into a regular.

And I’m sorry, I know it’s only five people, but I couldn’t ever miss out Sylvie! She’s the type of woman I’d like to be but will never get to be because a) – she’s an amazing artist and I’m just not, as you all told me one time long ago when I tried to draw a really nice picture! And b) – because she’s French and looks like Mischa Barton. One day I shall travel to La Rochelle and turn up on her doorstep with a bottle of French wine, some garlic snails and my French Prince by my side. We will then party all night long with her husband Kevin and it will be a soiree Franco-Grand Bretagne. Lots of alcohol will be consumed and pictures will be posted on Fuel My Blog. Or something like that anyway…

15 comments:

T.D. Newton said...

Hahaha! Thank you for the award! You know what they say; don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

And I'm trying to be a real author. It's funny that you see it so prestigious --- I don't see any free pints in my future.

sylvie d said...

Thanks for the award Princesse...I am de ce pas getting my diary for this mad evening in la Rochelle...I still don't know who is that woman you keep referring to though! Thank you you are the sort of girl I would like my daughter to be like one day! :-)

T.D. Newton said...

Even though I'm packing for a trip today (heading to Utah to visit my parents this afternoon) I opted to return the favor.

Yes, you won another award.

Princesse Ecossaise said...

Oh Sylvie I'm touched! That's really, really sweet...

Yes! be prepared for that crazy night in La Rochelle - better warn the neighbours :-p

Aw shuck TD how kind you are! Another award? I'm honoured!

You're not trying to be an author, you ARE an author you silly billy! and you will be a published author soon, I'm pretty sure of it. Woo go TD!

T.D. Newton said...

I think I'm giving you a new nickname today, Princesse. You are my Scottish Cheerleader hahahaha.

sugar007 said...

Princess, I am quite surprised as I thought you and Despina knew each other..

Ghosty said...

Merci beaucoup! Ahh, but I am not much on web awards, I'm afraid, except for the more prestigious *actual* ones. That said, it's worth much more than you picked me than any actual award could be. Huzzah!

Zhu said...

I love being called a bonnie wee lass ! :D

You deserved the award little French-Scottish. Or Scottish-Frence. Not sure anymore.

Dan said...

Congratulations on your Power of Schmooze award, you talented schmoozer you! :)

Princesse Ecossaise said...

Scottish-French I think Zhu! Apparently I'll 'never look French'!

Oh Sugar really?! Thats funny, I wonder what made you think that!

ColbyPants said...

Public Library Computers suck! But I juat had to log in and thank you for the lovely award. Hope to be up and running again soon!

Miss Despina said...

Helllloooooo Princesse!
Thank you from the bottom of my songbird's heart for the delicious award and the compliments too! You know you regularly have me in stitches :)
The strange Czech wine is on ice for when you come over and we disgrace Audrey's memory...
Awwww my first blog award! You star. Hope the dissertation and move are going well! A lot of exciting changes for you at the moment.
(Thanks for saying I was doing some work over here and not just blogging.)
All the best to you! xxx

Princesse Ecossaise said...

Hoi! Colby! Good to see you around, hope you get a computer sorted out soon! Jeebus misses you...he told me so.

Despina, good to hear from you as well! Feels like a while since we spoke, but actually I've been a bad blogger this past week and I suppose that could be it! Grand! I'm looking forward to that strange Czech wine! hope you're doing well flower pot sillypuss minx!!

T.D. Newton said...

Hm, I thought you'd be way more excited about being dubbed with a new nickname. Oh well.

Danielle said...

Congratulations on winning the Schmooze Award - I was the person who awarded it to Zhu!