Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Imagine



Last night my brother arrived at my apartment to give me my birthday present (one month late!). We were chilling out, relaxing and chatting about what had been going on in our lives since we’d last seen each other. I explained I had had a French oral presentation where my chosen subject was the fur industry, “when animals become fashion victims” (great play on words even if I do say so myself!).

We sat in a comfortable silence for what could have been a few minutes or an hour. After a while, my mind still on the fur industry, I piped up,

“Imagine people wore clothes made out of human skin…”

“Eugh,” he said, “imagine putting on a human skin glove!”

“Ewww,” I laughed, imagining putting my hand inside someone else’s hand.

“Imagine the squelch you’d hear when you put it on!”

“It would be warm though,” I replied, thoughtfully.

“Yeh, true.”

Another few minutes passed as we both thought about this slightly strange topic of conversation.

“Imagine you could get shoes made out of human feet!” I said, my imagination awakening.

“Oh god that’d be horrible.” He hates feet. So do I.

Pensive silence again…

And then my brother opens his mouth and says, “Imagine you could wear shorts made out of a human!”

I’m still laughing 12 hours later.


6 comments:

T.D. Newton said...

Wow, I had no idea you were going to go there. That is hilarious.

It would be really funny if someone tried to take on the "fir" industry instead of the "fur" industry. They could talk about how many thousands (millions?) of trees are needlessly slaughtered for our Christmas celebrations each year.

Princesse Ecossaise said...

Ha! I hate to admit this but I always called them 'fur' trees. Is it fir?

Luckily, I always use a trusty fake xmas tree. No needles in the feet ^_^

ColbyPants said...

all i can say is: "ew"

Princesse Ecossaise said...

hahahaha it conjures up some not very nice images in your head eh?!

Sebastien said...

This is a subject I've never thought of. Now it's in my head... forever! Yucky. Wait a sec, there was some serial killer who did stuff like that, I think, ahhhh, I don't wanna think about it...

Princesse Ecossaise said...

Oh shit, really?! Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww that's absolutley VILE!!