Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Help Find Maddie McCann

Another week, another tragedy.

Okay folks it is time to join together and do as much as we can for a good cause.

6 days ago, 3 year old Madeleine McCann disappeared from her bed in an apartment on holiday in the Algarve, Portugal. Just yards away her parents were eating dinner, checking on Maddie and her younger twin brother and sister in their beds every half hour.

Tragically, when her mother checked in on the children at 10pm, only half an hour after their father had, the window was slightly open and Maddie had disappeared.

Since then the Portuguese police have been searching for her, a witness has come forward to say on the night in question he saw what looked like a bald man and a woman walking briskly with a blonde young girl in their arms, heading for the coast. If this was Maddie, she may not even be in Portugal anymore.

The fear and worry of Maddie’s parents and family must be indescribable. I can not even begin to imagine what they must be going through. Their beautiful 3 year old daughter, taken away from them. Are you a parent? Do you have a small child in your life? Imagine they disappeared, imagine not knowing if they were safe.

Police have now suggested Maddie may have been taken for the purposes of a paedophile ring.

Anyone will understand how tragic this is, how inhumane, a child taken from their loving family. You may think there is not a lot we can do. But we can do a little. And every little helps.

If you are religious, pray for the safe return of little Maddie.

If you are in Portugal, help with the search, look out for any evidence, even the smallest piece of information may be of importance. You can do your bit by clicking here and downloading a poster to help find Madeleine. And if YOU know something, or have seen something that may be crucial evidence, The Sun Newspaper are offering a £10,000 reward for any information that may lead to the child being found.

If you have a blog, spread the word, even a few sentences may inform others, or just show that you care. A blog can be accessed by anyone in the world, and you can do your bit by posting a picture, writing a short post giving some information. I have found that the blogging community is full of wonderful, caring people, no matter where you are, (yes, even America!) you’re blog is read by people from Portugal, Britain, Europe…The blogosphere is a powerful place. Have your say. Show you care. Spread the word.

This is a 3 year old child we are talking about. 3 years old. Taken from her family in the middle of the night. Every parent’s and child’s worst nightmare.

Madeleine turns four on Saturday…

My heart goes out to her family.

24 comments:

FP said...

Thank you angel for this post... Please everybody spread the informations of her on your blogs and ask for everybody else you know to do the same for helping the family.. and obviously Maddie.
Thank you to everyone who does that.

FP

Princesse Ecossaise said...

FP, mon coeur, merci pour m'avoir dit que je devrais ecrit qqchs pour ptt Maddie...
Je sais pas s'il vas aider ou pas mais au moins, j'ai fais ce que je peut, moi.

Et bb, tu sais que le fait que ct ton idee de le faire, cela me montre encore combien tu es un homme plein de bonte...

Jeebus said...

I hope they find her soon

Princesse Ecossaise said...

me too, me too...

ColbyPants said...

yeah man, I am with my boy jeebus on this, I like the idea of a Blogger "Amber Alert" as well. . . .

Princesse Ecossaise said...

I'm glad your supportive of it, I was sceptical at first when FP asked me to to do this, but now I think if nothing else, at least it shows support and respect, spreads knowledge and may, just *may* reach someone out there who knows something.

Badthing1 said...

FP and PE You are both beautiful people!!!!!

I am going to put a post about this little darling Maddie on my blog just as soon as I'm finished telling you guys what an excellent idea this is.

You're right - we bloggers have such power and we need to use it for the good of our society. I thank you on Maddie's behalf and I hope together we bring her home!!!!!!!!!

The Horns and the Hawk said...

this is uncommonly terrible. i don't even know how to express my thoughts on it. i pray for the sake of the child that she is returned soon, and pray for the resolve of the parents and maddie's brother. it must be a purely bewildering thing. how terrible they must feel.

Kuanyin said...

I just posted a link to your post about the disappearance of Maddie on my blog: The Art of Living and Dying, a blogger blog. If you can't find the exact addie (I don't like spamming by leaving my link in comments), you can find me on Spicy Page where you found me and notified me. Blessings!

Princesse Ecossaise said...

Thanks Kuanyin, I appreciate that. I'll add your link to the Bloggers Unite post above with the others who have written about this. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

I am reading this story and just find it unbelievable that parents can leave 3 children in an apartment and leave, EVEN if its only 40 yards away.They were on holiday in a foreign country! Was the babysitter that expensive? If they could see the apartment, how did they miss seeing someone taking Maddie.Maby maddie woke up and went to look for her mother. Again if they could see the apartment, they would have seen her leaving the apartment.I feel for the parents, but so much more for that little girl.She is 3!! If something else happened, like one choked for example, who was there to help. I find it unacceptable that they were left by themselves in the apartment. Do you know how much can happen in 30 min??!!

Princesse Ecossaise said...

Hi anonymous, first of all I do not condemn leaving three children under the age of four in an apartment. They are all just babies, anything can happen in 20-30 minutes, one of the children may have vomited, or they may have been upset and crying or screaming for a whole half hour. It was so risky, and it has taught every parent a lesson. It is just a shame that this had to happen to show people that they can never be too careful.

I do agree with you. I think it was a terrible mistake to leave their children in their beds while the adults ate 40 or 50 yards away.

The media has overlooked this, but I do not in any way think the McCanns should get less sympathy because of this, everyone makes mistakes.

I think its best that the media and press forget about the fact that the McCanns left their children alone. Because that family are going through absolute hell at the moment, and I am sure that they will be the first to criticise their actions.

The thing is, no one deserves to have their child snatched from them.

It is something that the McCanns will have to live with, and hopefully, if and when Madeleine returns, they will think twice about doing it again.

Anonymous said...

My prayers are with all the family I pray for Madeleine all the time and her safe return.

Anonymous said...

My prayers are with you Maddie, everyday, everyday I pray harder and harder for you and your family. I will not stop praying and trying everything I can that will keep you in peoples minds.
FP

Princesse Ecossaise said...

^ Not my FP...

Anonymous said...

No, my initials are FP

Princesse Ecossaise said...

ahhh I see! Forgive me, I was a little confused.

Anonymous said...

This is a terrible thing to happen at such a young age. She's such a gorgeous little doll. Her family must feel such a terrible heart break, and Maddie must feel lost and confused. But is they kidnapped her to keep as their own kid as some think, then think about it. She has a memory of her family, and remembers what they look like, and her real name, and what they were like. This is terrible thing to happen to such a young girl and her family. I too have posted a breaif message about her on my blog. (My blog is with a different site though.)

Dawn D said...

Is it necessary to condemn these parents at all? For God,s sake, they have just lost a child? Who are you people to find fault with these parents, who are enduring such horrific moments! Good God, pray for the parents, pray for Maddie, save your condemnation!!

Princesse Ecossaise said...

And you think, with all the information I have given here on missing madeleine, to help spread the word, that I am condemning her parents?

I think you are being very unfair, as I have done what I can to help by passing on any information.

I would advise you, Dawn D, that if you don't have anything useful to say then do not say it at all.

reta said...

thank you for posting this. It is so helpful. I hope she is returned home soon! And I never saw you as condemning...I thought you were pretty reasonable about it, and there have been so many other people who have been much more condemning than that! I do think it is strong of you, though, to leave the comment made about you. It shows much strength and courage. A lot of people would just delete comments like that made about them instead of facing them. Props to you, girl! :-)

Princesse Ecossaise said...

Thanks very much Rita, I appreciate it :-) Yes, I really hope Madeleine turns up soon, but it's been so long...still thinking of the McCanns.

Anonymous said...

awww i hope maddie gets found i cnt belive tht peopl would actualy do summart like this it is jus sick n twisted but at da end ov da daii her parents shouldnt have left her on her own nd i dnt no weva 2 belive they did it or nt they were sick n twisted enough 2 leave her alone on her own at a really young age so y wuddnt they, they r unbelievable how stupid do they wanna get i just hope maddie goes to a betta home once shes found nd i pray so much for her and know theres hope out there 4 her sumwhere xx frm anonymos

Anonymous said...

Hu Ever Fuckin Tuk Maddie Bettah Fuckin Bring Her Back
Her Parents Are So So Stupid Enough To Leave Her On Her Own
If Anyone See's Her You Bettah Fuckin Tell The Police Ryt Cos This Has Bin Goin On For Ages And I Bet She Wel Fuckin Scared Cos She Onlii Young
Hu Ever Fuckin Tuk Er Is A Fuckin Sick Dick
SO WHATEVA YOU DO TELL THE POLICE IF U EVA C MADDIE BUT DONT PRETEND YOU HAVE SEEN HER WHEN YOU HAVENT ALRYT