Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Moving On


Having allowed myself a fairly respectable amount of time to get over my loss since my most favourite jeans departed, I think I have met a pair I quite like.

No, I’m not on the rebound, and no, these jeans will never replace my old ones but I’ve been lonely recently and I think it’s time I moved on. I know my old jeans would have wanted me to find a new pair for my affections.

We have already shared some pretty good times together; this new pair and I. Just last night in fact, we lay on the sofa together, chillin’ out, watching a movie. I must say, I felt really comfortable.

We met in Miss Selfridge. I was searching through the sale racks for something cute and summary. And then our eyes met across the handbag display. I won’t say it was love at first sight, but only because I don’t like clichés.

Don’t tell me I’m going too fast. I wanted to take my time, I really did and I know it’s come on quickly, but these jeans and I just seem to fit with each other. It just feels right.

I think I’m ready to move on.

Oh what the hell, I think I’m in love! There, I said it.

0 comments: