Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Bad Hair Day?



Today as I walked into my French class, I saw a solitary pink marshmallow on a chair. I don’t know why it was on a chair, and I don’t know who put it there, whether it was deliberate or not, but that is not the point.

What the hell is your point? I hear you ask.

Ok, I am aware that this is an insanely random way to start a post, but I’m working towards something so keep reading.

Many years ago, when I was at high school, I witnessed an embarrassing experience between a marshmallow and a school girl, and of course, me being me, I got myself involved too.

I am walking up a flight of stairs with my friend; two 13 year olds talking about shoes and boys and how to practice french kissing on your arm.

My gaze falls on two older girls walking up the stairs just ahead of us.

The girl on the left has a mass of long flowing silky dark hair which hangs loose all the way down her back. But…wait a minute...what is that…it looks like…yes, it is…a half eaten marshmallow! In her hair!

Other people have noticed and start to snigger; she is totally unaware. Now, call me a killjoy but I never could stand to see people walking around, oblivious to the fact that they have a big ‘KICK ME’ sign on their back.

I start to run up the stairs behind her, shouting, "Excuse me! Excuse me!"

Only, when she turns around, the marshmallow escapes from her hair and falls to the floor. She looks at me, waiting for me to speak.

Seconds pass but they feel more like minutes.

Silence.

"whit ?!" She barks at me.

Say something, say anything, just say something!

“Oh it was just…you had a marshmallow in your hair,” I say.

She and her friend continue to stare, wondering who the hell this crazy girl is. As if it will explain everything, I point to where the marshmallow is on the floor.

Still confused, but more angry and embarrassed, she looks back at me and says ‘Aye, but you’ve got nae tits.’

And that, dear readers, is the marshmallow story.

I’d just like to know, what have the size of one’s breasts got to do with it?

13 comments:

Anthony said...

i think that when you are blessed by someone or when someone put you in shameful situation, our primal reflex is to attack this person on something who can blessed him.
the best defence is the attack.

And i have retained today after a call with someone special that:
Dont do something that you dont want someone do to you. Even if it's nothing for you. And moreover if the person is the most important person.

and today when someone have called me "wee man" and being mean with me cause she laughed about how much my libido should be high cause i wait on the best girl ever to me for a long time, i attacked her in laughing about her tiny breast too... it was just a joke and something to attack her in defending myself. But i feel stupid now cause it could seem that im looking at my colleague. Thats totally wrong of course. How to prouve it? How to make the difference between something you notice (like everybody does) and something you really notice ???
Life can be so embarrasing and so confusing!!!

T.D. Newton said...

Haha, great story! Maybe she couldn't come up with a more fitting insult because the marshmallow was actually her brain? Who knows.

Princesse Ecossaise said...

oh mon cheri...

firstly, when you wrote 'blessed' you meant 'hurt' (just so people don't get confused)

et bien deuxiemement, je t'aime. Je veux pas que tu sois triste a cause de ca...vraiment, j'ai rigole. J'etait pas blesse moi, je juste n'aime pas bien the witch, c'est tout.

Elle n'a pas le droit de parler de tes testicules!! ils sont les miennes!! ^_^

Je t'aime mon coeur

Princesse Ecossaise said...

haha yeh t.d. you could be right! Marshmallow brain is actually quite a good insult!!


Princesse

Anthony said...

merci pour "hurt"...
i regret.
i should have talk about her Boyfriend and say:
"Are you sur your man are not with a pretty girl now??"
ah ah to her, if it's true!
------------------------------------
je regrette d'avoir rigoler à propos de ces seins.. c'est nul !! j'aurais dû plutot dire: "mais toi, ton mec, t'es sur qu'il est pas avec une fille en ce moment ???" :-D
------------------------------------
Next i will say that!! ;-)

(PS: moi aussi je t'aime bb... ^.^)

Anthony said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ColbyPants said...

no good deed goes unpunished eh?

Princesse Ecossaise said...

You know, it took me a really long time before I realised that the real expression is 'no good deed goes unrewarded'...ahhh I see what you did there!

Must tell FP as I explained to him that it's an english expression which means even if you do a good deed you get punished...oops

Miss Despina said...

Those girls at school who were a couple of years older will always be way out of our reach, older than the oracle itself and we will always be unworthy of speaking to them! And we will always remember how they made us feel really, really stupid :)

Despy x

Drew said...

There is always the damned if you do damned it you don't expression that fits this story.

I just added you to my Google reader so I can now make sure I don't miss any of your great posts. Keep em up, they are very entertaining.

The Horns and the Hawk said...

i think there's a fairly universal lesson we can all walk away from this with: don't be nice to anyone ever again for any reason at any point.

amen.

ColbyPants said...

glad you enjoy my sarcastic wit ;)

Princesse Ecossaise said...

hahaha I really have to laugh at the whole 'don't be nice to anyone ever again for any reason at any point' philosophy.

Love it!

Princesse